The next day, Friday the 17th, we had an evening with a general authority for Travis's job. Before going, I had contractions that had started but they weren't painful just getting regular at about 15-20 minutes apart. (I should mention here that having contractions was something I was the most nervous for with this pregnancy. With Trey I didn't have contractions outside of the hospital because I had to be induced when my water broke and no contractions started.) So I went through the whole night nervous but waiting for the magic number of 5 minutes apart and painful enough that I couldn't move. It didn't happen that night. The next morning when I woke up, Saturday February 18, I had my first contraction that put me on my knees and they didn't let up at all but they were 20-30 minutes apart so I didn't think I was even getting close. At about 4 o'clock pm Travis's mother stopped by the house to see how we were doing and to see if we wanted her to take Trey for the day so I could just focus on the contractions and then bring him back that night. We sent her with the diaper bag and off they went. Thank goodness for promptings!! When Travis came back into the house and saw me doubled over, he suggested going to the hospital just to see. Either they send us back home or they check us in, but we will know where you are at. I should add here that the thought of going to get checked and me thinking I was getting far along and them telling me that I wasn't even dilated was cause for embarrassment, for some reason I think I have to be tough all the time. I did not want to go to the hospital until I was sure I would be checked in but I caved and we packed up the car, grabbed the carseat and some last minute items and off we went. We got to the hospital at about 5 pm where they checked me and said I was only at 3 but where they contractions were strong enough that they would keep us for the hour and then check again to see if I was progressing and then either check us in or send us home. I was having back labor and the nurse became my most favorite person when she showed Travis how to push on my knees to get rid of the pressure! This was amazing and I was wondering where this move had been all morning!! That was an amazing trick and saved me for the next hour. When Sadey, my nurse, came back into check on me at 6:00 she said I was at a 5 and they would go ahead and check me in and let the Dr. know I was here and getting close and also to let the anesthesiologist know that I wanted an epidural and I was ready for to get it.
At this point the contractions were coming about every 5 minutes and they started trying to get my IV in. I have the worse veins and warned them but we tried it, 6 times...All the spots they tried just kept collapsing so just like I had to do with Trey, the IV went in my elbow pit and yes that's a technical name for it...or not but you all know where I'm referring to. They (the three nurses there trying to will my veins into responding) got it in (yes, for the next child I will just be having them stick it there to begin with because I'd rather not get poked in 6 different spots again, I figure twice is enough!), then checked me again at about 6:45 and Sadey said the anesthesiologist had gotten off an hour ago but he lived close and they had let him know I was ready...man I was ready the minute I walked in the hospital...but who's counting right? Then Sadey looked at Travis and asked to show him the snack bar in case he needed it...You're kidding right?! Who is going to push on my knees if you guys leave the room?!?! These were the thoughts going through my head as Travis glanced at me on their way out of the room. Come to find out later, Sadey had taken Travis out to tell him I was almost at an 8 and I may not be able to get an epidural so he needed to go in there prepared to help me through a natural birth. Say what?!? So he comes back in and then promptly goes to the bathroom to say a prayer that I would be able to get my epidural. It was about this time that my water broke and that really made the contractions close together. I was still thinking I was at maybe a 6 because I hadn't heard what I was and I kept thinking I had to be tough and make it through because I couldn't let them know I hurt, people went the whole time without medicine I could do it now... right!? It was also about now that I realized I should have practiced my breathing a little more...But thanks to my angel husband I was able to get it down and breath through each contraction that was coming 2 minutes apart now. It was about 7:15 that Sadey came in to say that luckily the anesthesiologist was downstairs and hadn't gone home yet and was grabbing his things and on his way up. He got there and walked in and said "I hear you are at an 8, we better hurry and get this in!"...I felt relief knowing I wasn't a complete baby and so strong for having made it that far without an epidural. I was so much stronger then I thought I was. It took about 15 minutes to get the epidural in with him making sure it was perfect and me having to breath through constant contractions while getting it. I didn't realize until the epidural was kicking in that the extreme pressure I was feeling was little miss getting ready. I didn't realize I was that close. So about 7:45 Dr. Jones came in and checked me and gave the go to get everything ready, I'm ready to start pushing. So at 8 I start pushing and a few pushed later I get to hold a beautiful baby girl in my arms at 8:17. They placed this perfect, amazing, wonderful little girl in my arms! Lets get real for a second...I really wanted them to give you a bath right then because I'm not so much a fan of all the yucky you brought with you...but you were still an absolute angel. I was shaking so bad after I gave birth this time and it made Trav and I nervous but the nurse just said its from the adrenaline and giving birth since I went so long without pain medication. Amelia Kristine, you are a sweet little angel with a big heart. You have a head full of beautiful strawberry hair and blue eyes. I love you sweetheart! All 6 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches of you! Welcome to this beautiful world my sweet little daughter. You have completed our family even more and we could not be happier to have you!
Things to remember:
Things to remember:
- I found out I was pregnant with you on June 24! Happy day!
- I saw you for the first time at 9 weeks
- We found out you were a girl at 16 weeks when we went into Fetal Fotos!
- I was so sick with you the first 16 weeks
- I felt you move for the first time at 14 weeks and your dad felt you at 23 weeks
- My placenta was anterior with you which is one reason it was so hard for your dad to feel you
- I did NOT have gestational diabetes with you! Yahoo girlfriend!!
- I had heart burn from 10 weeks and on. I would get heart burn even eating a salad, but you came out with a ton of hair!
- You have the longest fingers and toes
- You came 8 days early just like your brother. You were actually born on his original due date.
- I gained 15 lbs
- I craved pizza!! All I wanted the first 16 weeks was pepperoni pizza
- Your brother adores you and will not leave you alone and I love that!



No comments:
Post a Comment